For those looking for resell-able merchandise, taking advantage of customer returns will be another avenue for obtaining excellent products to be sold in small stores, flea markets, or online auctions such as eBay. However, in order to take advantage of all the opportunities that will be available – you’ll have to know exactly where to look. Here you will discover a bit more about customer returns, as well as some of the places to look, and some of the goods that will be available as a result. Now, it’s important to note that you will have access to this information within The Liquidators Guide, but today I’ll highlight some of the benefits of purchasing customer returns.

Department Store Customer Returns

Every single department store you can think of will have some type of liquidation return process. This is inevitable. Some of these stores are smaller more local markets, while others are large department stores that are frequented by hundreds of thousands of people each and every month. This simply means that there will be hundreds if not thousands of opportunities to take advantage of when it comes to buying wholesale pallets of customer returns. In fact, there are so many different brand companies that provide these opportunities that there are companies that exploit this by creating online membership venues for people to sign up and gather information relating to locating liquidated customer returns, on the wholesale market.

Clothing Customer Returns

Whether you’re looking for products to resell at flea markets, in small stores, or at online auctions such as eBay, you’ll discover that clothing customer returns do very well. In fact, clothing is probably considered to be one of the hottest types of products that can be bought and sold. The reason for this is mainly because clothing cannot break. Typically when it is returned it is because it was the wrong size, it was the wrong color, or it wasn’t exactly what the customer wanted. These are perfect opportunities for those looking for products to buy and resell.

Appliance customer returns

Appliances are a bit different; however, they do provide many opportunities. And best of all, there are many different department stores that will provide these customer returned items for liquidation purposes. Now, some appliances will get returned because in reality they were sold as a defective unit. But you will discover that this only happens about 3% of the time. The other 97% of the time, appliances are returned because they don’t fit, the customer changed their mind, they weren’t the right color, the customer found a better product, or the customer didn’t know how to operate the actual appliance.

Electronics typically work the same way as appliances. The majority of the customer returns here in this category are simply because people weren’t sure how to work the electronic item, it wasn’t compatible with some of their other equipment, it didn’t have enough capacity, it was the wrong color, they found a better product, or they simply didn’t need it.

The idea here is to understand that there is a massive amount of opportunities available for those that want to buy and resell products. Customer returns are only a piece of the pie, and if you are serious about getting into this industry, there are opportunities available and waiting for you to take advantage of them. There is a tremendous learning curve with wholesale liquidations, I recommend starting off by reading The Liquidators Guide.

 

Our 2017 Liquidators Guide chronicles 12 years of wholesale product sourcing experience and includes my personal black book of direct source contacts! As an industry expert, I'll share the success I've enjoyed along with the mistakes I've made buying and reselling liquidation merchandise.

If you are thinking about buying pallets of liquidation merchandise from a liquidator, broker, or direct from department stores, you need to check out The Liquidators Guide